Part Time Security and Events Associate
Computer Museum of America
5000 Commerce Parkway
Roswell, GA 30076
The Computer Museum of America (CMoA) is accepting applications for a part-time Security and Events Associate (16 hours/week + event hours).
The Computer Museum of America (CMoA) seeks to hire a part-time Security and Events Associate. This position ensures that all museum visitors have a positive experience while maintaining a safe and secure environment and protecting the museum’s collection. In addition to security, this position will assist the Museum Operations Manager on museum and client events with set up, event day support, and post event breakdown.
Please note this job requires regular weekend and occasional evening hours, please do not apply if you cannot work this type of schedule.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- Communicate any irregularities with on-site management
- Provide visitors with information in an informative, helpful, and courteous manner
- Follow procedures for emergency situations
- Secure all exits and doors after end of operations
- Complete incident reports as needed
- Assist Operations Manager with preparation for events
- Work with event security if applicable
- Miscellaneous duties during events such as monitoring crowds, picking up after guests, assisting with spills, and inspecting event space for any damage or items left behind
- Breakdown or reset after event
- Other Duties
- Assist with opening and closing activities throughout the museum
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of security experience preferred
- State Security Guard License
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible availability, including weekends, occasional evenings, and holidays
- Reliable and punctual attendance required
- Credit and criminal background check required including drug test
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Exert 35-75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 15 pounds frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- More than 50% of a typical workday will be spent walking, standing, balancing (standing on and using 1-2 steps), moving furniture by hand and dolly.
Hours per week:
16 regular hours per week on Fridays and Saturdays plus events as needed and when available
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
- United States (Required)
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Security and Events Associate.